Meet KASAI GUTHRIE
Get to know the man behind the movement, his life, what he stands for, and what his plans are for our City!
About Kasai Guthrie
Bridging the Gap between:
- The City of Newark and the University of Delaware
- Residents and the University of Delaware
- Residents and Students
- Students and Police
- Police and Residents
- Students and Seniors
Making the City of Newark Financially Secure Without Raising Taxes:
- Hold U of D accountable financially
- Make necessary cost-reducing changes (one would save the City $700K per year)
- Create additional revenue streams for the City of Newark (one could potentially bring an additional $1.5 Million to the City and jobs for residents).
PLEASE READ THE ISSUES PAGE FOR KASAI’S SPECIFIC PLAN FOR EACH ONE
As a graduate from Salesianum High School, Kasai has started and managed businesses in various capacities since the age of 12 years old. By age 16, Kasai negotiated and secured sponsorship from Capital One, an international bank to support the R&D of his youth-focused financial literacy app, Neggster.
Growing up one of four children in a single family home, Kasai was able to master the skill sets needed to overcome the typical challenges kids in his situation are faced with. Recruited by the state of Delaware Department of Prevention at age 15, Kasai used his life experiences and overcoming strategies to create a training program for youth called Success in Life Now…Teen Edition.
Kasai has won numerous awards for his business endeavors including 1st place for DECA and BPA (Business Professionals of America). His prized project is the We Need Our Fathers campaign (WNOF). WNOF is a national campaign Kasai shares his personal story of how he overcame a life-changing tragedy from his father not being present in his life. Through the WNOF program, Kasai empowers other youth to start their journey for healing from the effects of an absent father and inspires and equips both absent fathers and their children to reconcile. Kasai now provides his WNOF program as an online training program, in-person workshops or coaching and speaking engagements. Kasai is currently working on his financial literacy app for youth, Neggster, positioning it for his first round Angel Investor funding.
- Black Enterprise Modern Man Award (Youngest to Recieve)
- Jefferson Awards GlobeChanger Award
- United Way Leadership Award